Sunday, June 28, 2015

A Crown, A Kingdom, and A Throne


We each have a crown to gain. In Revelation 3:11 it clearly says, “Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.” This means that if we are faithful then we will receive a crown of righteousness which no one can take away from us. “Wow that's great, but I really don't think that will ever happen to me, I'm too sinful and have made too many mistakes,” you might say. Well now is the time to accept God's love and grace and begin to live a life for Him! If you don't start now what will become of you? Where will you end up? Trusting in God's strength to supply you is key. Without Him we have nothing to stand on. The world is like shifting sand and other people may fail us but God never fails. Don't think that you have to try to be perfect and righteous all on your own, I've tried that and it doesn't work. Instead now I rest on the Lord's promise, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” Once you put your trust in Jesus, He will never let you go. There are people in the last days (read Revelation to understand more about this) who will go to God with the works they have done of their own merit and He will say to them, “Depart from me I never knew you.” We want to be those God knows and will reward for doing His Will. The only way to know God's will is to pray and read His Word, the Bible.
He also has a kingdom to give us. “Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: ” (Matthew 25:34) We as children of God are entitled to this kingdom our Father has prepared to us, but before we can rule in this kingdom we need to mature in life with the Lord. It is like a child of a billionaire, the child rightfully owns everything of his father's but the father wants him to become mature and wise before giving him the inheritance otherwise everything would be lost. The child wouldn't know what to do with the father's billions, this is why the father teaches the child and skillfully parents him until he is fully mature and ready to gain the inheritance.
The third element we will inherit is a throne, once we become mature sons and daughters of God he will give us a throne in His kingdom. This means we will have authority over the nations and rule over them in the coming age. Revelation 3:21 “To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.”
Now is the time, my friends! We must grow and mature in life so that we can reign with the Lord in Eternity.



No comments:

Post a Comment