Saturday, July 18, 2015

Storms In This Life

Storms In This Life


The Lord didn't promise life would be easy, he did though promise to always be with us. If we simply call, He comes. I have found this true in my own experience lately. Someone very close to me has become very ill. At first I struggled with God and didn't want to even speak with Him. Then I started to open up and let Him back in. What He made clear to me was that no matter what He loves me. He doesn't judge me for not understanding Him, instead He waits til I tell Him the storms of this life are too much and He needs to come be the captain of my ship, otherwise the storm might overtake me with grief. At one point I couldn't even bring myself to sing, because I was too busy asking why Lord?

Here's a few verses and a song that have helped me through this time:
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 “We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”
John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”
 




 Matthew 8:23-27  "Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep.  Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!” But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
 
Master the Tempest is Raging – Mary A. Baker

Master, the tempest is raging!
The billows are tossing high!
The sky is o’ershadowed with blackness,
No shelter or help is nigh;
Carest Thou not that we perish?
How canst Thou lie asleep,
When each moment so madly is threat’ning
A grave in the angry deep?
Chorus:
The winds and the waves shall obey Thy will,
Peace, be still!
Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea,
Or demons or men, or whatever it be,
No waters can swallow the ship where lies
The Master of ocean, and earth, and skies;
They all shall sweetly obey Thy will,
Peace, be still! Peace, be still!
They all shall sweetly obey Thy will,
Peace, peace, be still!
  1. Master, with anguish of spirit
    I bow in my grief today;
    The depths of my sad heart are troubled—
    Oh, waken and save, I pray!
    Torrents of sin and of anguish
    Sweep o’er my sinking soul;
    And I perish! I perish! dear Master—
    Oh, hasten, and take control.
  2. Master, the terror is over,
    The elements sweetly rest;
    Earth’s sun in the calm lake is mirrored,
    And heaven’s within my breast;
    Linger, O blessed Redeemer!
    Leave me alone no more;
    And with joy I shall make the blest harbor,
    And rest on the blissful shore.


1 comment:

  1. I'd like to learn that song, thanks for sharing Rachel!

    ReplyDelete